Clyde actually seems to pose for the camera. For the attention of anyone new. Bonnie runs and hides when someone comes in the door!
Watch the progression as he wakes up from his favorite spot on my computer printer.
That "someone is looking at me" stare.
"Okay, I see that I’m being observed. Mom has the camera again. I shall look nonchalant."
"I’m starting to feel playful. I’m about to reach out and scratch you when you’re least expecting it. You’d better watch out!"
"I know how handsome I am. I’m going to look babyish because it makes the girls crazy for me!"
"Okay, enough with the camera, Mom. I’m hungry. You know you’ve been tagged, so get me some kitty snacks and go back to your computer."
Donna, from An Enchanted Cottage, http://anenchantedcottage.blogspot.com has tagged me. Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you. 2. Post these rules on your blog. 3. Share six unimportant things about yourself. 4. Tag people at the end of your entry.
Well, there are lots of unimportant things about me. I don’t exactly lead a glamorous life. So this should be easy.
1. I have to fold my laundry as soon as it comes out of the dryer. Because I can’t stand to see things wrinkled! (No, I’m not coming to your house to fold your laundry. So don’t bother to ask.)
2. I hate overhead lighting. I have lamps everywhere! In fact, here in my garden room I have six! I love the coziness lamp light sheds on a room. My grown daughters have totally rebeled and insist on overhead lighting. Once I dragged some crates from my oldest daughter’s garage into her guest room and finally found a lamp to put on top of it so I could read. Which I did very emphatically and as though I was more than a little put out. She is very conscious of making sure guests are comfortable, except for this. (How do people watch tv with an overhead light? Beats me.)
3. I have decided that menopause is at the root of all evil. I blame it on everything. I’m sure everyone is sick of me saying, "Well, that didn’t happen before I started menopause…" (It’s my favorite excuse!)
4. I cannot handle faucets dripping. My neighbor’s drips all the time in her kitchen. I can’t believe it doesn’t drive her crazy. She has to turn it all different ways to get it to stop. She seems completely unaware of the aggravation. It’s like a nightmare from which I can’t wake up! The sound seems to get louder and louder with every drip until I have to say, "Turn that thing off!" And she looks at me in this exasperated way and does, because we kind of bicker like sisters!
5. I love thunder. I don’t know what that is about. But it makes me feel cozy and safe and calm when I hear thunder. I go to sleep knowing thunder may lead to something worse, but it’s the one noise I actually like when I’m trying to sleep. That and listening to a water fountain trickle while I await slumber.
6. I have yet to make a decent omelet. I think it has something to do with patience. Of which, obviously, I have little. I end up with scrambled eggs every time. Often that’s my supper: scrambled Egg Beaters with mushrooms. A few slices of turkey bacon from the microwave and a piece of toast.
Okay, that’s my six. Now here’s who I’m tagging:
Heather from Hopscotch & Hydrangeas. http://hopscotchandhydrangeas.blogspot.com. She has a lot on her plate right now with her growing family. But I want to get to know her better. I’ve told her that she looks just like Cinderella. Or at least the Cinderella from my youth. Remember Lesley Ann Warren in the 1960s version? (For those of you born in the baby boomer era.) Go visit her and look at her photo on the right. Then Google Lesley Ann Warren. Tell me what you think.
Then, Tracey, from Notes From A Cottage Industry, http://acottageindustry.typepad.com. I just love her blog, all her pretties she has and how she puts things together. So I’d like to know more about her. And how she came to know how to do what she does so well: decorate!
And then I recently found two very talented sisters at their blog, Ask Kari & Kijsa, http://kariandkijsa.blogspot.com. (Kijsa, how do you pronounce your name please?) I love what they come up with. Run over and visit them. A decorating duo! A two for one special!
Have a wonderful Father’s Day weekend everyone!